It’s Time To Let Go6 min read
Humans have a habit of making their lives complex by holding on to things that really don’t matter. But the problem is it’s not easy to decide which things to keep and which ones to let go. Then there are certain habits everybody has that they should let go off sooner than later to find some relief and inner happiness. I am listing some of those things that everyone should let go of without thinking twice.
- Let go of trying to please everyone. You are not meant to do things to please others, so it’s better to let go of this habit right away. This includes letting go of the plans others have made for you and the expectations people have from you. Believe me, such people may be your well-wishers but their wish of your well being will never come true this way. Design your life the way you want to so that you will never have regrets about not following your mind and heart.
- Let go of procrastination. It leads to inaction which is never beneficial. Get rid of the words like ‘someday’, ‘one day’, ‘when the time will come’ and replace them with ‘right now’ because those moments will never show up that will be perfect to do something you dream about doing. Take the first step right away and don’t worry if you will get the expected result. It’s beyond your control anyway.
- Let go of fear and pressure. What are you afraid of? Haven’t bad things still happened even when you were being very cautious? Stop being too careful while doing things. Do what your inner voice tells you to do. Don’t worry about the consequences; you can’t change them by feeling pressure. Stop taking the pressure of your job which you certainly don’t love and stop getting paralyzed by the thought of losing it. Whatever may happen, it will be for the greater good. Take it easy and be fearless and carefree in your endeavors.
- Let go of self-loathing thoughts and learn to love, respect and care about yourself before anybody else. It will boost up your self-esteem and make people value you more than they do now. The person who isn’t kind to himself is always treated the same way by others. It may sound selfish but it is best to put yourself before others. Nobody cares about your sacrifices these days. Never neglect yourself.
- Let go of toxic relationships. The people who are not contributing to your well-being and doing the opposite instead are not meant to be with you for any longer. Spend time with people who are inspiring, encouraging, supportive and uplifting. Those who impart only negativity in your life and tend to suck all that is positive in you do not deserve to be in even a mile of you. Stay as far away from them as possible.
- Let go of all the negativity in your life. Stop expecting that only bad things will happen to you. Self-doubt always results in terrible consequences. No matter if your previous hundred efforts have failed, never lose faith in your abilities and keep trying new approaches. Improving your mindset will definitely turn your life into an amazing journey.
- Let go of petty thinking and closed-mindedness. They are the biggest hurdles in achieving greatness. Always dream big and keep your mind open to new things as it may lead to new innovations. Never be afraid to try new things; you never know what might turn out to be a life-changing experience. New experiences make your life rich and exciting.
- Let go of disbelief in your dreams. Your dreams are the only things that make your life seem worthwhile to you. When you don’t believe in them, your zeal and efforts start to fade away slowly and result in failure. Always keep in mind that people who achieve their dreams are not extraordinary; it’s just that they never stop believing in their dreams and themselves. Dreams are never impossible and nobody is ever unworthy of his dreams.
- Let go of being too engrossed in things that matter less. They make you unnecessarily too busy to pay attention to the things or people that matter to you the most. No matter how busy you feel you are, always find time to do things you love and meet people you think are important to you. Make everything else secondary and never waste too much time on them.
- Let go of worrying about people’s perception of yourself. Such worries might ruin the most special moments of your life. Imagine what if while your best friend gives you a hug in public, all you can be aware of is that people are looking at you and judging you constantly. Believe me, you can never satisfy these ‘people’. However, you might end up missing those special moments when you need them the most. So choose wisely whom you want to please.
You can be damn sure that you can live a great life full of happiness and love just by learning how to let go!